Living Well, Our Plan: Dementia Skills & Support Planning with Families
Duration: Six Sessions
Typical Course Hours: Open
Next Available Workshop:
19th September 2016 - The Place, Oakengates, Telford, TF2 6EP
Available Course Dates
Register Interest: If you would like to attend this course please use the register buttons below
|19th September 2016||The Place, Oakengates, Telford, TF2 6EP||Julia Pitkin||8||Download||Register Interest|
1-2-1 Dementia Skills and Support Programme is tailored to the family and person experiencing dementia's unique needs in a supportive atmosphere.
This programme consists of six, 1½ hour sessions and offers a comprehensive overview of dementia. It includes a range of knowledge, information, tools, and support that is available to families.
Aim: To give family carers the skills and confidence to know they are giving the very best care possible for everyone to live well, both now and in the future.
Objective: To create a support and a 'wrap-around' lifestyle plan for personalised care and well-being.
‘If only I had done this ten years ago when mum was diagnosed. I experienced dementia the hard way - by trial and error!’ Louise, a former family carer.
Our six sessions cover the following:
- Understand Dementia: Dementia and how memory works.
- Community Support: Being a supporting partner and getting the right help at the right time
- Significant Life Themes: the approach and skills to manage those difficult emotional times
- Communication that Works: the practical day-to-day tools and techniques to maintain independence.
- Communication that Works: Therapeutic skills to maintain relationships (empathy)
- Future Care: ensuring a smooth transition into other care environments.
Please register your interest or contact Julia Pitkin on 07886 690026 or email@example.com
1-2-1 is local to Shropshire and North Herefordshire