Living Well, Our Plan: Dementia Skills & Support Planning with Families
Duration: Six sessions fortnightly
Typical Course Hours: 10-1pm
Next Available Workshop:
19th September 2016 - The Place, Oakengates, Telford, TF2 6EP
Available Course Dates
Register Interest: If you would like to attend this course please use the register buttons below
|19th September 2016||The Place, Oakengates, Telford, TF2 6EP||Julia Pitkin||8||Download||Register Interest|
FREE for family carers living in Telford & Wrekin.
This six-session programme offers a comprehensive overview of dementia. It includes a range of knowledge, information, tools and support that is available to families. The programme is tailored to the person’s unique needs in a supportive atmosphere.
‘If only I had done this ten years ago when mum was diagnosed. I experienced dementia the hard way - by trial and error!’ Louise a former family carer.
The aim is to give family carers the skills and confidence to know they are giving the very best care possible for everyone to live well, both now and in the future.
Our six sessions cover the following:
- Understand Dementia: Dementia and how are memory works.
- Community Support: Being a carer and getting the right help at the right time
- Significant Life Themes: the approach and skills to manage these difficult times
- Communication that Works: the tools and techniques to maintain the relationship
- Support and Lifestyle Plan: developing a 'wrap-around' plan for personalised care and well-being
- Future Care: ensuring a smooth transition into other care environments.
Please register your interest or contact Julia Pitkin on 07886 690026 or firstname.lastname@example.org