Dementia Training Workshops
Our values are simple, 'we want the world to be a better place to live with dementia.' We strive to offer excellent and affordable dementia skills coaching for care professionals, organisation and families.
Julia Pitkin and Associates specialise in the validating interactions skills that develop therapeutic relationships making physical care easier by meeting a deeper emotional need.
We have created a distinct training in validation therapy; a UK person-centred approach, offering a synergy of the Validation Method (Naomi Feil, 1983, 2015) and the UK's best practice and use of language, therefore meeting the UK's dementia quality standards in person-centred care. The Validation Method in the UK is not supported and guided by an Authorised Validation Organisation.
Our workshops are skills-based rather than academic, making learning an easy and fun experience. We coach in ‘real-time,’ adapting to the participant's learning needs as they arise, this makes our training attractive and effective. We use a range of experiential methods which include, discussion, case studies, films, exercises and skills practice.
Workshops are evidence-based in person-centred dementia care. Commissioned, in-house and open courses are available.
Benefits to the care teams and organisation
- These deeper interpersonal skills cross over into all areas of care and leadership situations, once learnt cannot easily be discarded.
- Care and support designed around those relationships that meet the person’s emotional and social needs.
- Staff express a greater sense of fulfilment at work.
- Staff feel more capable of handling stressful situations. Therefore, morale increases and the threat of job burn-out reduces.
- Increased family moral and involvement supporting the individual whether at home, hospital or care home.