Occupational Therapist, Dementia Care Trainer (CIPD), Validation Teacher, Person-Centred Counsellor/therapist.
What people say they admire about me.
Is my ability to listen and empathise, to be passionate about things that matter most to me, my enthusiasm for new ideas and easy-going nature.
What is important to me.
Human connectedness. I enjoy sharing food and wine with friends and dreaming up mad ideas and projects. Seeing my children and partner happy and following their dreams, ‘Always be passionate about something you love.’ I live surrounded by nature in a quiet corner of South Shropshire with chickens, a goat and alpacas.
I like to start my day by taking a quiet reflective moment in my PJs with morning tea in a china cup.
How I like to work.
Cementing the synergy between ideas and personal connections with others and harnessing the awakening experience to effect personal change.
I enjoy teamwork. Like most people, I respond to encouragement and constructive feedback, not criticism. Let's work in collaboration, pooling skills and experience, not in competition or with an ego! Please don’t beat around the bush, talk openly and honestly to me and I will do the same back. I like people who celebrate others successes and raise the team's morale, who bring solutions and not just the problems.
Forget the long emails; I am dyslexic so please do talk to me on the telephone then I can hear your voice and get to know you. Most importantly, please tell me how I can help and support you, and I will do my best to do just that.
- Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling Skills (Level 4). 2015 - 2018.
- CRUSE Bereavement Volunteer Training
- Certified Grief Recovery Specialist® and Cruse Bereavement Volunteer
- Helen Sanderson Associates' person-centred thinking tools. 2015
- Dementia Champion (Alzheimer Society). 2013
- Trainer in Talking Mats. 2013
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Dementia Studies (University of Bradford)
- Dementia Care Mapping. 8th Ed (Bradford Dementia Group)
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) in Training Practice
- Certified Validation Teacher, Naomi Feil. USA (2006)
- Master Neuro-Linguistic Programmer (NLP)
- BA(Hons) Business Studies (University of Brighton)
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Dip.C.O.T
Julia Pitkin has spoken at four National Conferences.
Back to Trainer Profiles